Sunday, November 8, 2009

This Is What Terrible 2's Look Like

As summer rolled on at the Kriser home, the birthdays kept coming.
In July, Ammon joyfully began his 2nd year of life!




At this point of the day, the children were more excited than Ammon was about it being his "birthday" - perhaps it was due to been awaken by then screaming HAPPY BIRTHDAY at him.




Once he was awake and realized that this "birthday thing" involved presents, he was much more excited that it was his day.


He anxiously riped open his newspaper wrapped presents :) Taking each one to David for him to show him what it was!


Loves animals and the sounds that they make.













"Owwwww"








Everyone had a backpack but him and I think it is fair to say he coveted what his brothers and sister had because there were daily arguments over him taking their backpacks.







Let's go! I've got my pack-pack filled with all my birthday surprises!







No big party, just a simple puppy cake and a joyful rendition of Happy Birthday.










From 0-1, Ammon was my baby. When he was born, I was so deeply in love with him. I was thrilled at every opportunity to care for him and be his mommy. I was excited when he would wake up at night to eat, I just loved to love him. I felt like I had more appreciation for the miracle of life then I had ever before! Then when mom was killed, he was literally what kept me going. I couldn't wither away or find a hole to hide in, my baby needed me. Although, I must admit most of my care for him was in "auto mode" it kept me at least going through the motions.
Well, then he turned 1; started walking, talking and practically worshipping his daddy. My baby was mine no more!
During the day he would inquire where his daddy was, then argue with me that he wasn't working .... like I was hiding him or something! If David was home, Ammon was never far away. He loved to lay on his chest and sleep. Mainly, he just loved his daddy! This was effective in wrapping David tightly around is his littlest finger and making him the "favorite."

1 comment:

Christine said...

What a cutie pie!!! Happy Birthday Ammon!