Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Word to Describe Me (Jun 25 - July 2)

ENDURING - In some ways, I am just getting used to experiencing severe emotional thunderstorms every few weeks. During those times, I just kinda withdraw, take cover and hold on tight while I wait for the storm to pass. Not much anyone can do, no words to soothe, no magic medicine just lots of reading, studying and praying. Typically, I am not experiencing feelings of hopelessness just deep deep sorrow and desperation for further knowledge and spiritual understanding. My efforts have not been futile, I do feel that my understanding of spiritual things has increased and I am feeling the promptings of the Holy Ghost. My heart and mind are slowly being opened .... as I humble strive to submit my will to the Lord.

3 comments:

Nikki said...

I can tell when you are having the lower emotions. I am so glad your faith has been restoring and that you are able to feel the promptings of the Holy Ghost.

Kelli said...

Enduring seems to fit perfectly. I'm grateful that you have felt the promptings of the Holy Ghost and are continuing to build your faith. You're an example to me. Heaven knows I'm faltering in that area these days!

Jill said...

Angel, you are so wonderful! Thanks for being so real and a light! I see your mom in you when we talk. I wish I didn't have to move so we could do more together! Our family motto is "By Endurance We Conquer!" Sir Shackelton

I've been reading a really good book, Elder Scott's first book, Finding Peace Happiness and Joy. It is really good! He writes in a way that makes you feel you are sitting right in front of him having a discussion. I've been contemplating many things. I think you would enjoy it!