Friday, September 19, 2008

Hurray for Preschool!

Several monthly ago, I went round and round with the decision of whether to put the boys in preschool. For some reason I felt guilty that I would be paying someone else to teach my children when that was my job. Well because I have so many other jobs and quite frankly they were just driving me crazy, I signed them up! Can I just say, I love it! It's only 2 1/2 hours a day and they don't go on the same days (there are in different classes) but they are stimulated and excited to have something so important to do :)


Jacob could hardly wait for the day to come! That morning, he joyously ate his breakfast and packed his "backpack" (really just a lunch box) for school. After taking his picture, he gave me a big goodbye and walked out the door .... only problem, I was driving him to school. When I explained that he wasn't being picked up by carpool (like Lacey) and that mommy had to take him to school, he said okay but I don't want you to go to school with me though. Yeah, I could tell we were on the verge of some real seperation anxiety .... he could wait to get away from me and be the big boy. In fact, when we got to school he didn't want me to walk him to the door. Really?!

Noah was equally excited about school and had been anticipating this day for so long. He was happy to allow me to drive him to school and went in without looking back. When I picked him up, the first words out of his mouth, as I fired him with questions about his day, was "Mommy! It's just a house!" You see, their preschool is at the home of a lady in our ward. Well, he was expecting a school "like the one Lacey and Oliver go to!" So now at least once a week I explain to him that he can't go to Lacey's school until next year when he is 5 years old.

3 comments:

Kelli said...

He is a cutie and Ethan loves having Noah in his preschool class and primary class. He calls him his "my church and school friend!"

lindsay said...

who are those kids!?! they got SOOOO big!!!!!!!! wow - they are adorable angel!
love you lots girl!

Carrie Allen said...

Almost every time I take Noah to school he tells us that when he's 5 he'll go to big school. Ü