Wednesday, April 15, 2009

I'm Not Stuck

Given all that I described in the last post, my hope was recently renewed when I realized that I’m not stuck. I am struggling, yes! And the journey right now is very difficult, but I’m not stuck. Many people experience these types of traumas in their life and it cripples them in a way that prevents them from excelling in life. They lose dreams and aspirations for more and become stuck; a product of the trauma. My hope is a direct result of the gospel truths. As I believe in and hope for many of the teaching of the gospel, I am given the strength to keep pushing forward. There is someone bigger and more powerful than anything else in this world watching over these events in my life. I do not know why this is the way it must be but I know God is overseeing; which if I believe that he is a loving God (and I try to) then this will be for my good. In other words, he will shape these events into something that will ultimately make me more and bring more to my life. Doesn’t make the suffering less, just makes the journey of suffering something that I want to overcome. At one point in my recovery, I remember feeling despair and having the distinct impressing that the adversary would love for me to be stuck. To stay in that place of hopelessness and despair; to stop fighting the daily darkness and just give in to it. I’m proud to say I haven’t. Yes, I am whining a lot along the way, I do not suffer well but I am still fighting to successfully complete this journey and ultimately live happily again.

No comments: