Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Sweet Memories

All this kitty talk has made me remember how much I loved kittens when I was little. One time, a cat down the street had kittens and I wanted one soooooooooooo bad! I begged and pleaded to adopt one but my mom and dad said no. Then I had the brillant idea ... they don't have to know. I will take care of it and feed it in my room and then they would never know. Right? So I bring home a kitten and hide it in my room, in my toy box. Ultimately, (within a day) my wise and all knowing mother discovered my hidden kitty and made me take it back. For years I was stumped at how she found out! Then I realized, clue #1 in order to put the kitten in the toy box I would have had to "clean" it out. Which probably meant I threw all my toys on the floor. Clue #2, the kitten made lots of noise when it was locked inside a box! Clue #3, I never wanted to come out of my room.

I'm certain that mom is laughing and shaking her head at my "great idea" to bring home a kitten yesterday :) !

No comments: