Tuesday, July 15, 2008

"5 Years of Wedded Bliss"

When David and I meet, I was recently divorce with a young daughter. While I was not opposed to another relation and hoped that someday I would marry again, I did not understand how those things would come about. Between working full time, fulfilling my church calling in the Primary Presidency of my Family ward and caring for the needs of my young daughter who was adjusting to all this change in her life. Needless to say, I did not have many opportunities to meet new people.
In response to these feelings, I half joking told the Lord that if he wanted me to marry again he was going to have to drop him on my doorstep.
Essentially that is what he did, David was my neighbor; he lived 2 doors down. We had been neighbors for almost a year before we had any interest for one another. I later found out that David had been praying for an "Angel" . . .
We were married in July of 03 giving new meaning to the command “Thou Shalt Love Thy Neighbor.”
Lacey was 3 years old when we were married; 11 months later, we welcomed Noah; 14 short months later we received Jacob and 22 months following that our sweet Ammon came into our home. Apparently, we are in a hurry?
At 5 years, we still have much love and passion for one another! This has been a difficult year and in some ways has put our marriage to the test, but it has also brought us closer than we have ever been before. He has truly exceeded my expectations, I love him eternally!

4 comments:

Kelli said...

Congratulations on 5 years! Okay, I knew your boys were close in age, but whew...you're a hero! Cute cute wedding pictures!

Corree said...

Congratulations!!! I love your wedding pictures. Beautiful!!

Nikki said...

ok, I started crying. I remember when you told me this story. Congradulations.

Christine said...

Wow, okay that gave me goosebumps! What an amazing story! Congratulations you guys!