Friday, December 12, 2008

In Honor of Mom, I Will Be Better

This morning, I sent this email to my siblings. I am sharing it with you because perhaps you will be inspired by Marjorie H. Weeks to become better as well.

"Mom was such an excellent example to everyone; especially us, her child, that had the privilege of interacting with her regularly and knowing her so personally. She taught us how to be good people, to be honest and hardworking. She taught us to love, one another and others, despite their weaknesses. She taught us that family is priority. She taught us that parenting is difficult but rewarding. She taught us that Jesus Christ is our Savior & Redeemer that he suffering all that we may have the opportunity to return to live with our Eternal Father in Heaven; together as families with joy immeasurable and peace eternally. She was passionate and emotional about her testimony.

Mom also taught us that we should always be striving to improve ourselves. She did this daily. In honor of that profound example that she set, this year on the anniversary of her death, I will reflect upon my life and what I could or should be doing better and make a commitment in my heart to select something I would like to improve about myself. While we should be striving everyday like she did, this will be a special and very personal commitment that I will work to improve."

We all grieve and are able to handle things differently; so I don’t know what your plans are for next Wednesday. I am going to spend most the day at the temple, free from the burdens of life and surrounded by love. Later that evening, I would like to go to the cemetery. If anyone else would like to meet there that would be wonderful; family soothes. Perhaps we can light some candles or something as we remember her?

We are so lucky to have had her love and example. She has given us the tools, know we must find them and use them. I love you all!

2 comments:

Michelle Blake said...

Angel, Your mom was an amazing woman that touched so many lives for good! I have thought of her so many times during this past year and have given thanks for the influence and example that she was to me. She loved everyone and she knew no strangers. She is missed, but she left a piece of herself in each of us that knew her. She lives on in her children and the lives you live. I see so much of her in you. You are definitely your mother's daughter. You will be in my thoughts & prayers this week.

Michelle Blake said...
This comment has been removed by the author.