Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Preface

December 17, 2007, life as I previously enjoyed abruptly ended, when my sweet mother and dearest friend’s mortal life was prematurely ended. She was driving home from work, when she was hit head on by a drunk driver. The driver was an uninsured illegal immigrant, who was driving so erratically that he forced 5 others off the road prior to hitting mom and was being followed by a witness that was on the phone with 911, reporting his deadly driving. That eye witness then watched the accident occur.

The details and manner of her dead are totally and completely traumatizing to me. I still don’t believe that I have accepted it entirely. Since that time, I have felt like I am dying a slow and miserable death. It literally hurts so bad I often want to die; 1) to be with her and 2) to escape the suffering. The sorrow and agony at the thought of living the remainder of my mission here on this earth without her is still unbearable! I do not know how to live without her. I am still wishing for her to come back. Despite my depression and deep despair, I am still the mother of 4 very needy children, so each day I do my best to press on and fulfill their needs.

I have been surrounded by many, many, many loving hearts that have reached out and offered a hand in my time of need. I have gratitude for all of the hours of service offered and the numerous prayers on our behalf.

At this time, I am still not able to articulate needs or give a summarized answer to the greeting “How are you?” “I am a mess!” just sounds too heavy for the casual question. So here I will do my best to 1) honestly express my feelings so that you can judge how I am 2) state any wishes, “it would be nice if” and/or needs and 3) hopefully find healing through the journaling process.

5 comments:

Nikki said...

Ok, Crying was involved. It is amazing what feelings come out when we are writing. I am glad you are able to do so. I wish I could tell you it is ok, but I would be lying I can tell you it will get easier to function and that you will find and see happiness again. You will always love your mommy...and she will always love you. As much as you want to be with her she is a waiting your arrival as much. However, you are still needed and wanted here.

Kelli said...

I {heart} your blog and appreciate the raw emotion. I echo Nikki that you are still needed and wanted here. Believe it or not Angel, you are an inspiration to all around you.

Corree said...

I am so happy that you started a blog. I think it will be very beneficial to you!! I also echo everything that Nikki & Kelli have said!!

DanaMarie said...

Angel, This is your loving cousin, Dana. I am so sorry for all you're having to go through. I know how hard it must be. I believe that things happen for a reason and know that these are the times that shape and mold us into who we are. It's what makes us strong. I pray for quick learning on your part. YOU WILL GET THROUGH IT!!!! I know how much it hurts to lose a parent. It seems like the time goes so slow when you're in the healing process. I still 6 years later forget and pick up the phone to talk to dad. I miss him very much. Know that we love you and think of you often. I also wanted to tell you Happy Birthday!!!! You didn't mention anything about it in your blog. You're in my prayers. Hugs and Kisses. Dana Marie

Christine said...

Hey Angel. I'm so happy I stumbled onto your blog. I've been wanting to tell you how sorry I am for your loss. I can see how much it's hurting you. Each time I see you at church I just want to reach out and embrace you. I know we still don't know each other too well but please know that I care about you and I sincerely hope your pain will ease soon.