Sunday, April 13, 2008

My Bro - Joe


This was an extremely difficult week for my brother. Sometimes you're just cruising along, thinking you are coping and then BAM you just can't take it anymore! Well Joe had one of those weeks, to say the least. He and I have responded similarly to mom's death with deep desperation and just feeling totally lost as to where we begin to start living. In many ways, I know he has tried to keep it together and be strong for me. Joe has experienced and overcome many vices in his life. I know there have been times when many wondered whether he would ever grow up and/or mature. In the past five years, Joe has done that and more! He has so much to be proud of; most importantly, his wife, Shilo and his little boy, Zackary. He is a loving and devoted father. Joe has the memory of an elephant and remembers the magic of being a child and he shares that with his son. He has the gift to gab and can talk you in circles, always adding a little extra embellishment to his stories to make them more interesting. You are irreplaceable Joe, I love you! Hang in there and seek the help necessary for you to return to health.

1 comment:

Nikki said...

He will make a full recovery! I just know it.