Thursday, April 10, 2008

First Counseling Appointment

Had my first counseling appointment yesterday. It was good. There were times when I felt like the counselor was going to say "Time will heal" which is NOT what I am looking for. Thus far, time alone is not healing this wound. It's time to dive in and dig out the infection so that healing can start. He agreed that this was necessary. Felt good to talk about the deepness of my pain. He discussed some things with me that made me stop and think about my prespective. Hope he is willing to take the time with me as I sort this out? Afterwards, I was completely wiped out, went home and crashed for several hours, then slept all night!

4 comments:

Nikki said...

I am glad it went well....Nothing in life is easy....Let's dig real deep!

DanaMarie said...

Angel, glad you're putting your energy into getting better instead of wallowing in it. Keep it up! You're in my prayers. Love ya, Dana

DanaMarie said...

when I read my comment again I thought maybe it sounded harsh. I totally didn't mean it that way. I'm just trying to say that I'm really proud of you for trying to get better. I really do love you.

Mindy said...

I am sure it is emotionally exhausting...you are in our prayers.