Sunday, April 13, 2008

Lacey's Baptism














Yesterday, Saturday, April 12th @ 1pm my sweet Lacey was baptized a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints.


Mentally and emotionally I struggled all week in anticipation of Saturday. Each detail I had to complete in preparation was difficult. I missed mom so much!
At one point, I just said forget it, I'm not doing it .... Then I prayed that the details wouldn't matter that Lacey would feel the importance and significance of the day and that all our relatives (mom, dad, grandma's, grandpa's, uncles) that we missed and wished could be there with us would be there!
The program was simple and went very well. There was harmony with her dad, Brian and stepmom, Jan. (Which is HUGE) Nothing is the same without mom but we did the best we could.
After she was baptized and I was helping her get changed, Lacey began to cry, wishing out loud that mom could be there. I reminded her that she was there we just couldn't see her and gave her a big hug.
In remembrance of mom we placed a bouquet of yellow roses (mom's favorite) on the front table. Thank you to all who helped me make this day a success for Lacey.

5 comments:

Kelli said...

Congratulations. You look beautiful Lacey. Your Grandma is so proud of you. You are so lucky to have such a neat family that loves and supports you!

Mindy said...

I am glad to hear that the baptism went so well. Lacey looks like a princess and she will remember that day for the rest of her life. I love how you placed yellow roses on the table in remembrance of your Mom. What a sweet way to help Lacey feel peace and love from her Grandma. I know that she was there in spirit!

Braden and Cheri said...

Now those yellow roses on my counter mean so much more...thank you for letting me be a part of Lacey's special day. You exude strength, even if you feel weak inside. I love you!

Nikki said...

Hey girl you are welcome. I loved helping with my little girlfriend. You are a wonderful person. Times are tough and will continue to be that way. But like you told lacey bean in the dressing room, she is with you. I love ya girl and little lacey was beautiful. I am sorry I missed it!

DanaMarie said...

Your daughter is so beautiful. I'm glad it all went well. Love ya, Dana Marie