Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Neighborhood Disturbance

Oh my, my, my! Where do I begin? Friday afternoon I come home and find Bruce with 2 of his sons loading mom’s entire house onto a trailer… couches, chairs, tables, appliances, piano. None of them discussed any of this with us (moms children) they just assumed entitlement and began loading up. Initially, I hesitated, not sure if they were loading up everything or just stuff from the garage??? Then I saw that they had her piano and rocking chairs on the trailer. As calmly as possible I marched across the street and expressed to Bruce that there were some items being loaded on the trailer that had sentimental value of mom's that we wanted. Bruce wiped his brow exasperated. I could tell that he was not the one in control; his boys were running this show. I then expressed this same thing to his sons who responded with if I had a problem to call the police. At this point, my husband is racing (literally) home from Mesa to stop them and has us park our truck in front of theirs so that they are unable to leave. Realizing that they have no legal right to be doing what they are doing and seeing their determination and entitlement, I agree that calling the police is the best thing to do. Ultimately, the police and several other family and families (backup that I had called) show up and they are ordered to unload the trailer. This whole scene combined with their freaking attitudes brought out "hysteria-woman" in me. Let's just say, I did not control my emotions well and exploded in anger and rage at them.
Here's the best part, Saturday morning my siblings and I, with Bruce, went over to the house WITHOUT his boys and amiciably sorted through everything. :)

1 comment:

Nikki said...

Situations bring out the best in us...You are human, that does not mean we are right but we are human. With everything going on you were just fine. I was glad Alan got a call to help. I am glad everyone's prayers were answered and that you were able to fix the mess of Friday up with Bruce on Saturday.