Sunday, April 13, 2008

My Big Sis - Pennie


My sister has always been someone I have turned to for help and direction. Mom, her and I shared that womanhood bond; and consulted with each other frequently about life. She sets a great example of obedience and is commonly referred to as "Super Mom." She is the mother of 6 children (all who she gave birth to WITHOUT epidurals) ranging in age from 16 - 18 months. She somehow manages to keep a tidy home, volunteer on the PTO, sustain her husband in his calling in the bishopric, fulfill her own church callings, take grandma to all of her doctor appointments, check-up on Bruce every day, babysit for anyone who needs it, worry and take care of Joe and I, oh AND fulfill the needs of all her children! And that's just a summary ... she is so much like mom! If something needed to be done, mom just jumped up and did it. She did not waste time thinking about if she wanted to or if it was her responsibility she jumped and said I'll do it, I can help! Pennie does that. She has often wondered whether mom would be or is happy with how we are handling everything since her passing and I can say that I KNOW mom is pleased with Pennie and all she has done to keep us together. She was always amazing now she's just showing off :) I pray that she will literally have more physical strength to keep up with all that she does! Thanks Pennie for being a great big sis!

1 comment:

Kelli said...

What a blessing to have a sister like Pennie! Sisters are the greatest!