Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Stomach Flu

It's never good when you have sick little ones, but the stomach flu just tops them all in my opinion. Well, this week Ammon and Jacob have been hit with the bug. Poor babies ... Jacob has been the worst. I woke up early Sunday morning to him throwing up in my bed (never a good thing to wake up to). He proceeded with vomiting and diarrhea for the entire day. He was unable to keep down even a tsp of fluid. I tried everything I could think of water, Gatorade, popsicles, sprite ... he was so miserable. Thank goodness for modern technology because the washing machine didn't stop the whole day. By about 3pm (9 hours of illness) I began to notice his eyes and color changing. His eyes were sunken in with dark circles around them and his skin was so pale it was grayish, so I asked David to give him a blessing. He called Bro. Davis and together they blessed him to get better ... that satisfied my worry for about 2 more hours before I noticed his condition deteriorating more. So I asked David how he felt when he gave the blessings and he responded he was just waiting for me to say it was time to take him to the doctor. I phoned the pediatrician who sent us off to the ER for IV hydration.

At the hospital, he was first treated with medication (Zofran) to try and stop the vomiting. Fortunately, it worked and within 30 minutes he was able to keep down water and then Sprite. A little fluid in him and he perked right up. We were discharged with a prescription. He has continued to be ill but has been able to keep down fluids.

Thank you Heavenly Father for this tender mercy!

2 comments:

Kelli said...

Oh not good. I'm hoping the flu is on its way out of your home! Its the worst!

Nikki said...

My goodness, Girl it is raining and pouring at your house. Like you needed me to tell you that. I am so glad he is back to himself. Please remember I am a phone call, or e-mail away. Ok in your case a text haha..